Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thump Thump

Yesterday, on the way to the store, I ran over a snake. I was cutting through a neighborhood and topped a small rise and there he was, right in front of me. I had not time to swerve and I just ran right over the poor little guy. I circled back around to see if he was OK. Halfway back I picked up Randy who was walking to the mall. We investigated the snake and determined it was a king snake. A beautiful king snake. It was motionless in the road and I assumed it was dead. When it saw my car it started moving towards the side of the road and the safety of the yard a few feet away. He was moving well except near his head. I moved closer and saw a lump right below its head. I felt terrible. I guarded it with my car until he was able to slow crawl into the grass. I wonder if he'll make it.
IMG_0833

1 comment:

Darwin said...

Evolution-survival of the fittest.