Saturday, May 16, 2009

During the fight...

Tonight is the annual NASCAR All-Star Race at the Lowe's Motor Speedway which I still like to call the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Recently the race, like a lot of NASCAR's events, hasn't had the same luster as it used to. What drives me crazy about it now is the long delay between the race-in race and the final race. An hour of bad music and extended driver introductions is just too much.

Tom Higgins, I know I've mentioned him before, wrote about racing for the Charlotte Observer for a good long time and he has a story on the paper's website today. It's about the classic 1989 All-Star Race. Every time Higgins writes a column about stock car racing's past it's always a treat for me. You can read it here.

Next year I need to remember to remember that the truck race at Lowe's Motor Speedway is usually pretty good. I watched the end of it last night and those guys really race hard.

No comments: