Saturday, March 01, 2008

New John Fogerty

I don't know if you know this or not but John Fogerty came out with a new album this fall called "Revival." I just heard it for the first time this week. Since it's a John Fogerty album album I knew it wouldn't be a piece of crap but I didn't expect it to be awesome. My first listen through was just an incredible experience. It's fresh and energetic with some superb songs with nice sparse and open production.

I guess he came out with an album in 2004 and I missed that one. I did buy "Full Moon Swamp" when in came out in 1998 and that is one I'll have to go back to. I haven't given it a listen in a couple of years. I remember the song "110 degrees in the Shade" was easily my favorite song on that album.

Right now my favorite song on this album is this song called "I can't take it no more" that clocks in at under two minutes. It's essentially a Ramones song about the Bush presidency. I've played it several times over the last few days. I like it that old hippies like Fogerty and Neil Young are still out there calling out the war mongers.

Here's a live performance of "I can't take it no more."

1 comment:

Jim said...

Hmmmmmmmmm . . . uh