Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I went to a movie

After staying away from movie theaters for a couple of months, Melanie and I decided that we would take advantage of a few days off and go see a couple of films. We (mostly me) were intrigued by the newest movie based on a Stephen King story, The Mist. Our early consensus was a 6 out of 10. I'm going to leave it at 6 just for the performance by Marcia Gay Harden. I have never wanted a character in a horror movie to die so much. It's a movie full of cliches, unfortunately. I expected more by the guy that directed The Shawshank Redemption. How could you not?

The second movie we saw was No Country for Old Men. You can't go wrong with the Coen brothers. Good dialog delivered by well-cast actors, great acting and excellent cinematography. I didn't want to see two average movies during my long weekend.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

Into the Wild was wonderful.