Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

Let's visit the mouse party and see how them drugs work on your brains.

Tolkien on Beowulf

Found this nice passage in an essay at Salon.com about how much the new Beowulf movie sucks.

"It is, Tolkien writes, not a primitive poem, but a late one. The pagan world is already past, but the poet still celebrates its vanished power. The fact that a poem written more than a thousand years ago was itself looking back at a lost world gives the poem an uncanny double resonance to the modern reader: "If the funeral of Beowulf moved once like the echo of an ancient dirge, far-off and hopeless, it is to us as a memory brought over the hills, an echo of an echo.""

More Youtube Fun

I can't remember if I have already linked to this or not so I'll embed it so at least it'll be slightly different if I am repeating myself. I present to you Eddie Izzard's take on Darth Vader visiting the Death Star's cafeteria with Lego animation. Don't you just love the internets? It may be all tubes but there's cool stuff out there.

No comments: