Monday, October 29, 2007

New Project

When I went up to Michigan in September my Aunt Carol gave me a quart freezer bag full of plastic slide cases. She told me take them and do what I wanted with them. The pictures on the slides were taken in the late 60's and early 70's by my grandfather, Edward Zimmer. He was my father's stepdad and I was named after him. I told my Aunt Carol that I would get the photos scanned and share the images with her and the rest of the family.

When I got back home from Michigan I realized getting all these slides scanned and put on a disc would probably cost three or four hundred dollars (if not more) and I would need a year or so (if not longer) to accomplish this. I decided to buy a scanner. The scanner cost a couple of hundred bucks but I think I came out ahead in the long run. Besides, now I got a scanner.

Over the past few weeks I have been scanning these photographs and posting them on Flickr. If you want a glimpse of life in Northern Michigan in the 60's then take a gander at this collection of photographs.

No comments: