Monday, August 27, 2007

Fees, fees and more fees

I wholeheartedly share Troy's rage at ridiculous fees being charged by companies. As you may remember I had a lovely experience with Bank of America the other day.

I am going to Michigan on September 10th and coming back on September 21st. I found out a couple of days ago that my high school alma mater is playing a big game on the day I am returning. I decided to attempt to change my departure date to the 22nd. I went to the Northwest Airlines website and went through the whole process of changing the date. The charge? $100. A one hundred dollar fee for something I am doing my own over the internet. One hundred dollar fee for a completely automated change of day? That is a money grab right up there with ten-dollar beers at concerts. Is it really necessary to get every single penny out of your customers that you can? When did we go from being customers to being marks?

In case you were wondering, I did not change the date of my return flight. As much as I would like to see Glen Lake play Frankfort I am not going to pay Northwest $100 for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother I have a similar rant about going to the movies.