Thursday, October 26, 2006

Lock 'em up

I've said some pretty strong things over the years about Bush and Cheney and I stand by them all. I have yet to call them criminals. Those days are over. Check out this quote from an interview Cheney did two days ago:

"Q: Would you agree a dunk in water is a no-brainer if it can save lives?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: It's a no-brainer for me, but for a while there, I was criticized as being the Vice President "for torture." We don't torture. That's not what we're involved in. We live up to our obligations in international treaties that we're party to and so forth. But the fact is, you can have a fairly robust interrogation program without torture, and we need to be able to do that.

And thanks to the leadership of the President now, and the action of the Congress, we have that authority, and we are able to continue to program."

These guys torture people. Torture is illegal and torture doesn't work. Not only are Bush and Cheney criminals, they are, as Trudeau said, willfully ignorant. I heard Nancy Peolosi say on 60 Minutes that if she becomes speaker of the house there will not be investigations into this administration. I say to hell with that. Investigate these scumbags and get them out of office. They are a disgrace.

No comments: