Monday, February 13, 2006

Let's pause for a moment and think about books

Is OK to write in a book? Herman Melville says yes. It's interesting, a large and usually unnamed source for this blog is Beale's Natural History of the Sperm Whale. Perhaps, like Melville, my greatness won't be realized until long after I am dead. Take that, Dad. You son of a bitch.

First one of the season

Hey, this is my first NASCAR post of the year. Oh yeah. A friend forwarded me a story about Tony Stewart speaking out about the dangerous driving that exists at the Daytona and Talladega tracks. If you notice in the article almost no one mentions removing the restrictor plates that are the real cause of the dangerous conditions. Now so many drivers have never experienced these tracks unrestricted that the plates are now considered normal. That's too bad since removing the plates and altering the tracks is the only solution to this problem.

Finally

A while back I did a post where I lamented the lack of choices you see in most online polls. Most polls will say something along the line of "Is the NBA season too long? Yes or no." There is hardly ever the option to voice an opinion such as "I hate the NBA, it sucks." Today I noticed that the newspaper that covers the area I grew up in in Northern Michigan has given us a option much like what I have been craving.

1 comment:

Su Pantalones said...

what the hell's a restrictor plate?