Thursday, June 23, 2005

A few random things

I have a few discs from Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder tour and I am insanely jealous of anyone who saw some of those shows.

David Childers is playing at the Comet Grill this weekend. Everyone should go. You'll get to see Wendell dance. How can you resist that?

I hosted a teen writers group tonight at the library and it was just wonderful.

Going with James to see Sleater Kinney this coming Wednsday. Excited? You bet.

Heroes convention is this weekend. I hope the Klingon chicks are there again.

An ex-girlfriend is getting married this weekend. Is it wrong to not want to go? Hey, there's the guy that...

My car still ain't fixed. Jesus.

Riding the bus to work isn't so bad, really. I just wish it weren't so dang hot. When it's 70 out it's rather pleasant.

What does it mean when a woman invites you to visit the restaurant where she works when she knows you go to lunch at four and she doesn't get in until 6? She's ESL but I thought I was pretty clear that I was going because she was working there.

Bruce Springsteen is doing an acustic show and I would love to see him. But, 75 bucks? No thanks, man. Honestly, doesn't that seem a little too much? Tack on the Ticketmaster anal rape and it's $85.

I still love my CD changer. It just went from live Zappa to the Rolling Stone's "Midnight Rambler." I love the slide guitar in that song.

Wendell and I sat and watched "High Fidelity" last week. That was the fourth or fifth time I've watched that movie. Something about it resonates with me. Kinda like "Almost Famous" does. Romantic movies with a rock and roll theme.

I have the reissue of the first Cure album called "Three Imaginary Boys" and it's wonderful. Lo-fi and simple and very good. I had never heard it before and it's a great album title.

Did I mention that the teen writers group I hosted tonight went really well?

No comments: