Friday, September 03, 2004

Dooty

I did my duty as an American last night and suffered through the speech by our swaggering president. He was heavy on the 9/11, bashed Kerry for wanting to tax and spend, mentioned a bunch of programs he wanted to start that would require spending, illogically stated he wanted to make his tax cuts permanent, avoided the deficit completely, once again said "we will prevail" and seemingly vowed to keep us at war against a strategy for the next four years. I'm sorry to say that it was an effective speech. It was all BS but it was good BS. I was hoping he would fall on his face but he didn't. The son of a bitch has learned how to give a speech. Dammit.

I was most impressed by the protestors. When was the last time something even remotely like that has happened? I thought it was beautiful.

No comments: