Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Just a couple of things

My special Larry King stream of consciousness post.

One of my favorite apsects of having a blog is being able to check Haloscan in order to see what kind of searches bring people to my site. Sometimes it's pretty damn funny.

I mentioned and linked to an artist I bought a couple of small items from at the Heroes convention a couple of months to go. I see she linked to my site. I'm a little embarrassed that I referred to her as a "daily crush." In her blog she mentioned she didn't break even by coming to the convention. Made me feel guilty I didn't buy more from her.

What is it about some people that they actually think you want to hear the minutiae of their daily life? Every person's life is prett much boring. What makes blogs fun for me is how each person has their own subjective view of the world. Rattling off your troubles to a captive audience is, like, the opposite of that, I reckon.

With that tropical depression turned hurricane that has been sitting off the Carolina coast for a few days we have seen some beautiful clouds here in Charlotte. Carolina blue skies and big puffy clouds. It's like the beach is thirty miles east of us. Nice illusion, God.

If you get a chance check out the book section in Today's online NY Times. There is a review of Penn Jillette's new novel by his partner, Teller. If Penn's book is as funny as Teller's review then I might have to give it a shot.

Two days until my next booktalk and I am sick of my topic. I think I am ready to go now.



No comments: