Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Bringing people together

Looks like vice-president Cheney's speech continues the administration's policy of uniting America by blaming everything that has gone wrong on the Democrats. Yeah, drilling for oil in Alaska is going to solve our energy problems for about two years. Good thinking, Dick. I don't suppose encouraging Americans to quit living like kings is a possibility, is it? How about alternative energy sources? Nah, fuck it, there's no money in solar power. Those fucking hippies are trying to destroy America.

You also gotta love how he tosses the word liberal around like a redneck says "homo." I see, also, that he continues a policy of this administration of appearing in front of hand-picked supporters. God forbid you should be forced to answer a difficult and unscripted question. That would just throw a wrench into the whole proceeding.

Of course it's hard to be too critical after watching a few hours of that choreographed Democratic handjob that they called a convention. When the party you support makes you gag I can't imagine the indigestion the Republican convention is going to cause me.

All of this reminds me of that Bill Hicks quote: "I believe the puppet on the right supports my ideals. Well, I believe the puppet on the left is more to my liking. Hey, the same hand is controlling both puppets!"

No comments: