Saturday, July 10, 2004

Read it, heard it

I had read about our lousy president's response to the question he fielded concerning John Edwards. I'll steal this passage from a news site: "A reporter noted that Edwards was being described as "charming, engaging, a nimble campaigner, a populist and even sexy" and asked, 'How does he stack up against Dick Cheney?' Bush didn’t hesitate: 'Dick Cheney can be president. Next?'" Today, while getting ready for work, I heard the quote on NPR. It really comes off badly. I think he was trying to be terse but ends up merely sounding like he was trying to be terse. Just as when he attempts to appear sad when discussing American war dead.

I'd probably merely dislike Bush instead of despising him if he was different in two ways:
1) He could talk in public without shaming my country.
2) He wasn't directly responsible for more deaths than the 9/11 attacks.



No comments: