Thursday, October 17, 2002

What I found in the book sale.

The other day I found a paperback version of the book 'How I won the war' by Patrick Ryan. It is the book that the movie starring John Lennon and directed by Richard Lester was based on. The cover of the paperback features a smugly smiling John Lennon with cartoon-like ballooned text next to his head that makes him appear to be speaking the title. I thought I had found a treasure, a true collectible. They don't appear very often. Alas, it is not. It is what those in the bidness call a 'reading copy.' Shit. Chris collects Beatles stuff, I wonder if he would want it?

It is so beautiful in Charlotte today. Days like today and similar days we experience in the spring are extremely pleasant. The temperature is floating around 70 and when you look at the sky you really understand what people mean when they talk about 'Carolina blue." For a live view go here.

No comments: