Wednesday, October 16, 2002

What did that guy say?

This morning there was a slight drizzle coating me and everything else. It has been raining for a couple of days in a row. It has been such a long time since we have had long stretch of rain that I have not yet gotten the rainy day blues. I am enjoying this cold wet stretch. It has been a long nasty summer and I prefer to enjoy the grey chill that has settled over the city. As I was walking from the bus stop to work this morning I had my headphones on and I was enjoying Lenny Federal's CD called 'All the Good People.' Crossing the Trade and Tryon intersection, which long-time residents call the Square, I nodded to a young man in a floppy hat. The usual cordial silent greeting. A little nod that says 'how ya doing, pal." He said something. I have no idea what he said but I think it ended in 'headphones.' Was he messing with me or was he saying 'howdy?' His expression was neutral and his words word indecipherable. Maybe he was giving a stock tip or offering me his sister as a sex slave. I may have missed out on a great opportunity or a he may have been offering to whup my ass. I guess the best thing for me to do is the next time I see him is to punch him in his face since the stock market is volatile, he shouldn't offer his sister to strangers and if he was going to whup me I need be aggressive and get the first shot in.

That D.C. sniper shit.

This article makes a good case for the sniper attacks being a new terror attack. Initially I thought it was some resident wacko but I starting to think it is more than that.

No comments: