Tuesday, August 06, 2002

War for oil, war for industry.

I found this link on Tom Tomorrow's website. Along with Drudge Report, I check it every day. My question is whether or not there has ever been a country in our position in the history of the world? We can, if enough reasons can be manufactured, march into just about any country and remove their government from power and a good number of their citizens from the planet. Especially if that country has lots of oil oil oil. Oil oil oil. Oil oil oil. Oil oil oil.

Please god, hear my prayer. Please, please remove all the oil from the planet right now. In your divine wisdom leave us petroleumless today so that we may stop killing people on the other side of the earth. Then we can stop importing live bombs and begin again importing Levi jeans and bad TV shows and then incur the rest of the world's disgust and pity rather than hatred.

In other news, I listened to a cool Beat Farmers bootleg on the way to work today. It's a how from 1992 in Long Beach, CA. It sounds like quite the party. Country Dick Montana is in fine form.

Speaking of the Beat Farmers. You may have heard of Johnboy and Billy, once local morning show guys that are now syndicated to all points rednecky. They used to play a song called "Happy Boy" and big dumb ole Johnboy would sing along with it. I, like many others I am sure, thought it was Johnboy singing since they never credited anybody with creating the song. I thought it was either it was Johnboy singing or they had hired someone to record the song. It turned out to be a song by the Beat Farmers that is sung by Country Dick Montana who had a very deep voice. Once I discovered this I realized the Johnboy and Billy never credited the Beat Farmers on the air because they wanted people to think it might be Johnboy singing. It's not plagarism but it sure does stink. Like I need another reason to not like those guys.

No comments: