Friday, August 02, 2002

Nostalgia or sentimental memories?

Sometimes you have to pull that high school year book out and see if those faces create different thoughts than they did a couple of years ago.

I see a picture of someone I haven't spoken to in 15 years and I can picture them smiling at me. I remember how people smile, not how they frown. I see guys I thought were not so smart sitting in an electronics class and they look stoned. I see a girl I had a big crush on and I still think she is cute and then I realize she is about 16 in the picture. I see people I didn't like then and I am pretty sure I probably wouldn't like them now. I also realize I should have been on the year book staff so there could have been some decent photographs. I also saw pictures of a lot of people I had forgotten even existed. You see how a person holds herself and you see her differently.

Maybe you should never look through that old year book. It just causes confusion.

No comments: