Friday, August 02, 2002

I went and saw the second Men in Black movie today. Quick review: funny, smart and entertaining but not hilarious, genius and awe inspiring.

Do you have any idea how hot it is in this town? I rode my bike to the 3 o'clock showing of MIB II at the theater at Park Road Shopping Center. It's about a ten minute ride and I was drenched in sweat when I got there. How did people live in this part of the world before air conditioning? How did anything get done? I think the ridiculous weather might explain why slavery lasted so long in the south. I know I wouldn't work outside in this heat without an overseer kicking my ass every ten minutes. Last summer I busted up an old chair so I could stick the pieces into the dumpster and I almost died. Oh, it was fun beating a chair with a sledgehammer and an axe but I wouldn't want to have that as my job. Doing work like that is what got that guy in trouble in To Kill a Mockingbird.

No comments: