Thursday, August 08, 2002

Holy Screaming Eagle Shit

Today when I left my post-apocalyptic dorm-room style abode I was shocked to feel that the air outside my home was colder than the air inside for the first time since the spring. It was lovely. It felt like autumn. I was looking for a pile of leaves to jump into. It won't last long but it's nice to get that occasional reprieve during them hot summer months, you know.

An unrelated interest
I just discovered recently that a publication that is handed out by women with large boobs on Thursdays at Trade and Tryon between 11 and 2 called the Rhinoceros Times has a column by a guy who used to be one of my favorite writers, Orson Scott Card. Not that he can't write no more, I just lost interest in what he has had to say in the last few years. I ain't giving up hope.

I'm not sure what the Rhinoceros Times is supposed to be. They appear to publish in Charlotte and Greensboro but it looks like they have worldwide circulation as one of their aspirations. Check out their webpage here. I guess they got Card because he is a resident of Greensboro and he's not afraid to voice opinions no matter how far to the right they are. He does give honest opinions and doesn't appear to distort the truth like columnists from all sides tend to do.

No comments: