Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Old Slides

I think I may have identified another person from my collection of old slides from Michigan. This slide is dated 1954 and the gentleman on the right is identified as Ken Granquist on the yellowed note paper that came with the slides.

441a John Mantei R Jones and Ken Granquist

Today I found an obituary from January of this year for a Kenneth H. Granquist, an 87 year old retired Lutheran pastor. Comparing the slide photo with the photo on the obituary and the fact that he was a pastor in Grand Rapids, MI sometime after he was ordained in 1952 leads me to think it is the same person.

So far he is the fifth person I have identified from these slides. The other four people I have identified are Theodore and Emma Schmalzried and Claude and Gertrude Schmalzried.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Awesome work Ed! I can't believe it's a color photograph-- was that common in the 50's?