Friday, June 12, 2009

Hitchin' up to the Hate Wagon

Paul Krugman has a nice column here on the upcoming round of violence we can expect from the right wing lunatics out there. If you work in or near a federal building somewhere in the midwest you might want to wear a flak jacket to work for the next couple of years.

What I don't understand is when a kid shoots up a school the right in this country immediately blames rock lyrics and violent video games but when a right wing wacko recently murdered a doctor those on the right, that essentially called the doctor a mass murderer, came out saying that you couldn't blame their reckless rhetoric. Well, which is it? You can't have it both ways.

4 comments:

Kevie Baby said...

In essence, I agree with you completely. School shootings and killing abortion doctors is flat out WRONG.

Structurally, the comparisons within your argument do not have the common factors needed to be sound. Rather than go on and on telling you what the inconsistencies are (so Mr. Penny can again critique me... he will anyway, I know!), I'll leave it to you.

That said, what a great topic for a civil conversation...

Mr. Penny said...

My only critique is that you cut your thought surprisingly short.

Kevie Baby said...

...and another thing:

gg said...

I was rushed for time.