Friday, February 03, 2017

Crack The Sky

I came across this blog post a couple of weeks ago. It's about a band out of Baltimore called Crack the Sky. The post claims that they are a lost great band, a band that should be a classic band from the 70s. I went back and listened to their eponymously titled first album and it's fantastic. I then listened to the album they released in 1980, White Music, which has a more stripped down, pop punk sound. It shows incredible flexibility from the bandleader, John Palumbo. I'm amazed that here in 2017 I am still discovering quality music from the 60s and 70s. There is so much out there.

This Youtube video is a performance of their signature song, Surf City, in front of a hometown crowd in 1980. Lots of energy here from the band and the crowd.

No comments: