Saturday, December 05, 2015

A Trip to Pyramid Point

Yesterday Allison and I took a jaunt to Pyramid Point. The trail we took goes about .6 miles up to a bluff that overlooks Lake Michigan. And the trail is almost entirely uphill. About 2/3 of the way up, I was feeling it. The view at the top of this bluff never gets old. The visibility was excellent yesterday. There was, however, a wall of fog a few miles out. It's odd to be that far above a fog bank. It made the horizon look blurry. I thought the first few photos I took with my phone were not in focus.

A stump provides a nice foreground. You can barely make out North Manitou Island on the horizon. The fog is obscuring the island.

IMG_7198

Allison and her dog, Yuki. Or Zen Yuki. Or Dookie. Something like that.

IMG_7219

After walking back down the hill we went to a nearby beach. The beach faces the west and the late afternoon late autumn sun provided some amazing light.

This picture has probably been taken a gazillion times.

IMG_7255

Sometimes you have to lay down in the sand in order to get that shot you want.

IMG_7325

This picture has also been taken a gazillion times.

IMG_7343

This was cute. When I got too far away from them Yuki started barking at me to come back. I was a couple of hundred yards away when he was doing this.

IMG_7362

I also took a panorama from the top of the bluff. It turned out pretty good, I think.

Pyramid Point Panorama 1

No comments: