Thursday, April 03, 2014

Favorite Movie Lines

I am going to steal another blog idea from Troy. My three favorite lines from movies.

The first one is easy. I love deadpan delivery of funny lines and Blazing Saddles is one of my favorite movies. This is the scene where our two heroes discover the villain is up to no good. They need to get closer! What better way than to prey on the weak minded members of the KKK? I just love, love the way Cleavon Little says, "Where the white women at?"



One of joys of Young Frankenstein is the surreal and self aware performance by Marty Feldman. The line about his old man and the bathroom gets me every time.



There are a lot of instances of John Goodman saying "Shut the Fuck Up, Donny" in Big Lebowski. The one that makes me laugh every time I see it is the one where he swallows his rage during the dance recital by the Dude's landlord. The only time I have seen choking on rage like this was when Moe played poker with Homer.
Video here

Bonus: Moe choking on his own rage.

No comments: