Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Google+ Auto Awesome

I have my phone set up to upload every photo I take with my phone to Google+ whenever my phone is connected to wifi. A fairly new feature has popped up on Google+ that I am a big fan of. It is called Auto Awesome. What Auto Awesome does is look at your photos and determine if any of them can be either stitched together to make a panorama or stacked to make an animated gif. I find myself now taking pictures and hoping that after they are uploaded to Google+ that Auto Awesome can then turn them into animated gifs or panoramas. The animated gif feature is pretty reliable but I have found that the panorama feature doesn't kick in that often.

During my recent trip to Michigan we took a boat ride on Lake Leelanau. I took a several pictures of the shoreline, some in color and some in black and white. Auto Awesome grabbed two photos, one in color and one in black and white and stitched them together. I love the effect it created. I wish that would happen more often.

IMG_20131002_132623383-PANO

No comments: