Monday, September 02, 2013

Another Photo Find

Today I found the picture below. I paid $1 for it. It was printed in February of 1965. You can see the word "Florida" on top of the building in the upper left corner. There is no other way to describe this photograph other than to call it bad ass.

florida65

One thing I don't understand about some of the vendors at the Sleepy Poet is how they price their wares. The vendor that had this photo for sell had a bunch of old photographs which they were asking $1 for. If the vendor had instead priced these items for around 10 for a $1 I may have spent $10 instead of the $1 I did spend. I might spend $1 for a find as unique as the picture above but there is no way anyone is going to drop $1 a picture for the other 99% of the photographs which were merely average snapshots. Why not price your stuff to move? I really don't get it. I know that vendor probably paid less than a quarter for each picture so the markup is unrealistic.

No comments: