Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mt. Fuji at Sunrise

I was thinking of this today. Still one of the most stunning views I have ever seen was Mt. Fuji at sunrise. Right as the sun is breaking the horizon behind you this is what you see if you are facing the Mt. Fuji. The world is still in full night except for the conical mountain at whose feet you sit. It's soft dark red beacon. I saw this view after sitting all night is a freezing guard shack at the entrance to an ammunition storage facility. I spent that long night in the company of a Japanese policeman who knew as much English as I knew Japanese. I think we mostly nodded, smiled and pointed most of the night. When this view appeared I was able to say, "Utsukushi Fuji" and he replied, "Hai, beautiful Fuji." Mountain-FUJI (sunrise)

Thanks to Flickr user Hasselbad_man for making this picture embeddable.

No comments: