Sunday, October 21, 2012

Trip to Tybee Island

I didn't take a lot of pictures during our stay at Tybee Island. On Thursday I did get up early enough to see the sunrise. Of course it was cloudy and you couldn't see the sun but it was still beautiful on the beach. When is it not beautiful on the beach?

This is right around sunrise. I know there is a sun behind them clouds.
IMG_7352

Pelicans, seagulls and a guy with a camera
IMG_7361

The sun is well above the water at this point but a hole opened in the clouds and gave us a nice view of the light.
IMG_7441

A fishing boat heading out to sea hit the gap. This is heavily cropped and a lot of contrast added.
IMG_7449

Later in the day I went for a walk. I am a big fan of sandpipers. I like how they keep running ahead of you instead of making a hard turn and going the other way.
IMG_7480

Seagull, fishing boat, lady
IMG_7499

After lunch we sat in front of the hotel and read and watched the cargo ships come and go. This was our view.
IMG_7624

We stayed at the Desoto Beach Hotel which is a great place. I only had one complaint: they played music constantly throughout the first floor. I'm not sure why, no one was listening to it and it drowned out the sound of the surf is you were sitting in front of the hotel reading. That confused me.

No comments: