Tuesday, January 10, 2012

HDR Camera

Yesterday I downloaded an app to my phone called HDR Camera. I got the free version just to give it a test drive. I don't know how familiar you are with HDR photography, essentially it's a process of combining three different exposures so you can have a photograph that is more balanced. Rather than having a bright sky and a dark foreground and vice versa, with HDR you can have a foreground and background with nominal exposures. I have seen some HDR on Flickr that are pretty impressive and some that are way overdone. I tried it out the front window here at lunch today and I am impressed by the result.

Camera reading off the sky
IMAG1192

Camera reading off the foreground
IMAG1191

Photo taken using HDR Camera
2012-01-10_15-29-36_HDR

As you can see the HDR photograph has a much better balance. I wish I could have a setting for this on my Canon. That would be incredibly useful.

No comments: