Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Empire Bluffs

Today Kevin and Tina took me on another tour of the sites of Leelanau County. We've done this three times since I first came back up here after a ten year absence back in 2007. The first stop was a place I have been to before the Treat Family Farm. It's an old farm that has been purchased by the government and is now part of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. You walk across a field and up a bluff and find yourself a couple hundred feet above Lake Michigan. It's a stunning view. Our next stop was the Empire Bluff. I had never been to it before. You are even up higher and the view of dunes is even more impressive. I really liked the light coming through the clouds today I took a picture that a gazillion other people have but to me it looks like a painting. I am digging it.

IMG_2656

1 comment:

Kevin said...

It was great to see you again and taking the day off to be outside on what was probably the last day of summer is priceless.