Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Okinawan Sky

One thing about Okinawa that keeps coming back to me is the clouds. Being on Okinawa is like being in the middle of the ocean. I may be wrong but Okinawa has to be too small to really effect the clouds so what I saw was like floating in the middle of the ocean. It mesmerized me. Essentially, all day, almost every day, low cumulus would pass over and pile up over the island. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. Well, you know, it's not like I am a globetrotter or anything but I know what I like. Here's a few recent shots from around Okinawa showcasing the clouds.

Crazy clouds after the typhoon [Explore]

This one is my favorite
Beach

Beach

This guy Le Monde Bleu has a bunch of nice photos.
Furuzamami beach

Okinawa, Japon

A sunset by Ralph Doria. Okinawan sunsets were out of this world.
A little too warm a little too cold.

This is me enjoying a sunset around 1988 in Okinawa.
Sunset Ed

No comments: