Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gmail Theme

For a while now you have been able to use themes in Gmail to personalize the appearance of your inbox. I've been using one called "Silver Lining" for a while now. Today I changed it to what you see below. I saw on Lifehacker today that Gmail now allows you to use your own image in the background. I jumped at that. The first picture I tried didn't work because I didn't know until I saw the finished product that the only part of your image that can been seen is the left border and the upper border. I finally found this photograph I took of Lake Michigan back in 2009. It works for me. I think I'll have to tweak it some more but it's a nice start. You can do this yourself if you click on the option icon in the upper right corner of your Gmail screen and from there choose "Mail Settings" and from there click on "Themes."

Gmail Theme

No comments: