Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wow, Did she really say that?

Karen Harrington is running for congress in Florida. When asked about Congressman Etheridge's recent scuffle with the two punks who ambushed him on the street she compared Etheridge's response to the behavior of Stalin's government. That's insane. Her response is more crazy than Etheridge's was inappropriate. Video below.



I am very annoyed at the fake outrage by the people on the right over Etheridge's embarrassing video. I agree with Mark Washburn's recent Charlotte Observer column. Etheridge did make a mistake when he apologized. These two kids didn't identify themselves. They were obviously looking to create an embarrassing video with their loaded question about the "Obama agenda." He owed them nothing. As a public figure he should have been more on his toes here but this is hardly the scandal the right would like it to be.

7 comments:

Kevie Baby said...

I thought both videos were pretty funny. Politics as usual. By the way, she didn't compare his response to the behavior of Stalin's government. She compared the American people's tolerance of letting congressmen and women treat fellow Americans in such a manor to that of Stalin's Russia. I guess I just see a difference between the two.

But it is still pretty funny.

Kevie Baby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kevie Baby said...

So I guess, in response to the title of your blog posting: No. She didn't really say that.

kevie Baby said...

Wow! multi responses! I must have the mac set on "automatic" instead of "single-fire"

Kevie Baby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gg said...

I think you're splitting hairs. She said exactly "If we continue to let congress men and women treat our innocent citizens like this we are no better than Stalin's Russia." I take from that that she is comparing our government's representatives to the government of "Stalin's Russia." I stand by my statement.

Kevie Baby said...

Ah. Then I guess I can agree with you. The "we" of your response is not the same as the "he" of your initial posting. Call it splitting hairs if you want. I call it accuracy. "We" could mean the American people, or those in congress (which, upon further review, I am inclined to agree with you on).

"Etheridge's response" in your initial posting was, I assume, to the knuckleheads who wanted to talk to him, and not a response to his reaction to the said knuckleheads, as Harrington is saying. Split the hair all you want... they are different things.

So, I too will stand by my initial response: Both videos were pretty funny!