Thursday, March 11, 2010

Howdy

At some point I stopped writing long entries for the blog. I blame Facebook. Facebook is killing a lot of personal blogs. Not mine, says I! I am going to keep this baby running. I started this blog several years ago so I would get in the habit of writing on a regular basis. For several years it worked and then that damn Facebook with it's status updates set me back a bit.

That prom thing
I read the story about the prom cancellation in Mississippi. I'm most impressed by this young lady's willingness to be openly gay in rural Mississippi. I mean, look at where she lives! 40 years ago she would have either fled the area by now or been forced to marry the violent redneck next door. It is sad that her school district took the easy way out but it is also amazing they are having this discussion in rural Mississippi. A state R.L. Burnside like to joke that had "two eyes and can't see."

Jake Delhomme visiting Browns and the Saints

I see that Jake Delhomme is not thinking retirement. Good for him. I would love to Jake start in Cleveland and do well. In fact, I'd love to see him pull a miracle and take that team and turn it around. I've been begging for him to lose his starting job here for a couple of years now but that's because he was ineffective. No one would be happier than me if a change of team turned his career back around. A successful and confident Jake Delhomme at the helm of a winning football team would be a win/win for him, the league and the team.

1 comment:

Michael E. said...

I promise not to steal him out from under you during the draft in Aug.