Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I gotta go

I love the move "The Aviator." It's chock full of amazing performances and Cate Blanchett as Katherine Hepburn still blows me away each time I watch any scene she appears in. I don't know how accurate her portrayal of Hepburn is but it works for me.

This screen shot is her reaction to Dicrapio, as Howard Hughes, announcing that he is leaving a club. The club is full and raucous and Hepburn is bored out of her skull and she is dying to leave. Errol Flynn, perfectly portrayed by Jude Law and on the left in the screen shot, is trying to convince Howard to go on a debauched trip with him and while doing so takes a pea off of Hughes' dinner plate. Because of his phobias Hughes can no longer eat his dinner, even the sight of it disgusts him. He announces, "I gotta go." and Blanchett's face lights up with obvious joy. This is that moment.
I gotta go

No comments: