Friday, January 22, 2010

Airport Overlook

On Martin Luther King Jr. Day Melanie and I went out to the airport overlook here in Charlotte for the first time. Ever since seeing pictures that others have taken there on Flickr I've been wanting to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found there.

The first thing you notice is a lot of other cars there and then a great view of downtown Charlotte
IMG_4025























Then you see all the people who arrived there in all those cars.
IMG_4024























There are a lot of kids there. Must be a nice cheap way to keep your kids occupied for a couple of hours.
IMG_4027
























Then big airplanes start dropping out of the sky
IMG_4056


IMG_4064









































My favorite part of the landing is the wheel smoke.
IMG_4043

























I want to go out there again soon. I hope next time I can catch some departures.

1 comment:

Wilber Wright said...

Do they tell you which frequency (AM) to tune to to hear the tower? Our local airport does, I like listening to that, knowing that American flight two eight five is clear on one niner.