Sunday, September 20, 2009

eBay Revenge

I'm sure I'm not the only person that has done this. Whenever I am bidding on something I really want on eBay and I get outbid I will make one more bid just to make sure the guy that beat me has to pay a dollar two more. I'm sure the other bidder doesn't notice but it makes me feel better. I have found that generally when you get outbid on eBay that the other person's maximum bid will be more than 99 cents more than your highest bid. So if you make one more bid just for petty revenge you are pretty safe and you won't have to buy the item, just drive up the other guy's price. Sometimes this will backfire and you'll end up winning, which is OK because it's only one dollar more than you were previously willing to spend. The best result is that you'll be highest bidder for a little while until the other guy, if he wants the item more than you, logs back on and makes another bid. That's a double win for you because you not only are forcing him to pay more buy you are siphoning away his valuable time when he logs on and bids again. Take that!

2 comments:

Vito Andolini said...

That was you? Fuck you assblood!

Kevin said...

You're the devil Ed