Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What the?

OK, I do the fantasy/science fiction paperback ordering for the library. My question is is it really necessary for every new fantasy novel to be an urban-occult-vampire-mythological-detective-romance story? I've noticed traditional romance writers are now branching out and writing vampire romance series. This is a bubble I am very ready to see burst. I'm not surprised I haven't seen a series come down the pike where Thor is narrating a noir detective story where he has to investigate the murder of the town's head vampire.

3 comments:

Kevie Baby said...

I agree. I'm looking forward to something more along the line of a pirate theme... with a bunch of guests on his boat that have to find a way off before they die, and he walks around singing songs like he in some sort of musical about high school....

That would be sooooo rad..... Yeah. I'm down with that.

sht musik said...

I just started Time Enough For Love by Heinlein and I instantly remembered why I loved his books so much as a kid. I am looking forward to reading all the stuff that he wrote that I never had a chance to read as a kid. I also read Rama last summer by Arthur C. Clarke which I highly recommend. I haven´t read much that has come out recently. Any recommendations?

Kevie Baby said...

Oooooooh yeah! And the pirate travels through a black hole vortex time machine to kill the enemy robot that was, in fact, sent forward in time to kill him.... in time.... um.... (oh, never mind).