Thursday, May 21, 2009

Friday Flickr Finds on Thursday

Hey, that's a good name for it. I'll post Flickr pictures on Thursday and call it "Friday Flickr Finds on Thursday."

The Taquemenon Falls in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I remember my grandmother loved these falls.























A Lego version of the flag raising on Iwo Jima.


























A nice view of that farm in Leelanau County in Michigan






















An Indian fights off a dinosaur. Photo by my old telephone reference comrade, Tom.























A view from the Ridgeway Trail in England


































A long exposure shot of a creek at sunset on Lake Michigan in Leelanau County. Kevin thinks it's Shalda Creek. I do too.


11 comments:

Kevin said...

Shalda Creek it looks like

Kevie Baby said...

I agree that it is Shalda Creek. I suggest it is sunrise, because the shot is taken facing the northeast. Not sure that's sugarloaf in the distance, looks a bit small. my memory tells me you have the right place though. It was the first thing I thought when I saw it; waking up every morning to that scene out front....

there is the possibility that it is sunset, with the rays reflecting in the sky to the east. I've seen it before, but not quite like the photo. the sun sets almost directly behind the vantage point of the photographer, and that is still behind the rest of the bay and Pyramid point. I sure do miss it there. Thanks for the pic.

gg said...

I think you're right, that probably is sunrise. I think that is Sugar Loaf. It's not as big from that view as you think it might be when after seeing it up close.

Kevie Baby said...

rethinking it after looking again. that isn't sugar loaf. too far north. that has to be something else.

gg said...

Can we at least agree that it's Leelanau County?

Kevin said...

compare the skyline
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1160/803560470_1098aa852d_o.jpg

My name said...

OK that maybe didn't work- click on my name.

gg said...

It worked but the two pictures are at a two different angles. The picture of me and Allison (taken by Alan Popa, by the way) is down near the public access and looking northish and the other is down by the creek looking eastish.

Kevie Baby said...

Hallooo? That IS Shalda Creek, but not Sugar Loaf (I think).

Kevin said...

Sugarloaf is just out of the shot on the right, click on my name again to see.

gg said...

Perfect! Mystery solved.