Sunday, May 03, 2009

Amateur Footage of Talladega Wreck

I went to youtube to see if I could find some footage shot from the stands of that crazy ending at Talladega last week. I think the phrase of the day here was "Holy shit!"



The comments from the fans are priceless in this one


Oh my God! Oh my God!


This is amazing. Right around the 28 second mark you can see the top of Carl Edward's car as it flies past this guy's view. Play it back a few times and it gets pretty scary.


Coming right at you


A good look at the aftermath


I like this one. You can hear screams of real fright. NASCAR is one of the few sporting events left where you can hear screams of terror.


Maybe it's due to the angle from which it was shot but in this video it looks like the car is above the fence at one point.


How about a few screenshots from some of the videos?
Carl Visits the Grandstands






















When a car is going 190 MPH right in front of you, you don't really want to be able to see a portion of it above the catch fence.
Carl in the air


























This guy is even closer to the car and you can still see part of it above the catch fence.
carl rear view

2 comments:

Mr. comment said...

I loved this post. Interesting views.

Brooke said...

That was my first NASCAR race, and I tell you now, it won't be my last! My husband, brother, sister in law and I were sitting in the tower above the section of fence Carl Edwards hit. I was freaking out until I saw him get out and pull that Ricky Bobby!! My pics and videos are NOTHING compared to these, thanks for sharing them! :)