Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vroom Vroooooom

I purchased ten vintage NASCAR slides a couple of days ago. I have no idea were these were taken. It's obviously a track over one mile long. I was hoping it might be Charlotte but I see no dog leg or grass on what appears to be the front stretch. I wonder if it's Dover? All I do know is that there is a good chance that these were taken in 1977 because the car in front here is Bobby Allison in his #12 Matador and from what I have found so far he drove that number on that particular model in 1977. That's Bobby at the far left of this photo. I'll be posting a series of these over the next few days.

I am wondering if the pictures are from this race.
scan0126





















Here's Richard Petty having some problems with his car. He still won a lot of races in the late 70's so narrowing it down by crappy races by Petty will help me figure out where this race was run.
Richard Petty on Pit Road

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look here

Anonymous said...

Ed, I had an oldtimer who filmed NASCAR in the 1970s and he said he believes these pics are from Atlanta in the mid 1970s.

Tim L