Friday, September 19, 2008

Good luck with that

Wednesday night I put an old PC on the curb for the next days bulk pick up. When I awoke Thursday morning it was gone and the bulk pick up guys hadn't been by yet. There was nothing in that PC that worked except the power supply. The hard drive had been removed, the motherboard is fried and the power switch is jury rigged. Heck the USB ports are a generation behind. I guess the case could be recycled. I thought about saving the case and allowing Chris to use it to build a new computer buy he procrastinates like procrastination is a calling and that never would have happened. That's the second item I've put on the curb that someone liberated before the city showed up with their garbage truck.

Drive by Truckers

The whole household went to Amos' to see the Drive by Truckers last night. They rocked, as they always do. I'm not a big fan of the way Amos' is set up. It's a long narrow club and it's hard to get up front. They sound isn't all that great either. The background vocals were buried and that really annoyed Wendell. He's a fan of good harmony and he felt he had been deprived of what he truly loves. For some reason the club has these extremely bright lights that shine directly into the eyes of the crowd and they were used a lot. I felt like was in the final scene of "Close Encounters" for about two hours.

They did play one of my favorite songs that I hadn't heard play before. It's called "The Night G.G. Allin Came to Town." That was special. They also played "Rockin' in the Free World" during the encore and they tore that song up. Long live rock.

No comments: