Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yesterday

We got up at 7:30 and went to the Charlotte Farmers Market. I can't really say I had forgotten how awesome the food and prices are there but it nice to be reminded. We got some great veggies and some chicken breasts from a young farmer that calls his farm Red Dirt Farm and I bought a jar of pickles from a delightful older German woman. Those chicken breasts, which we grilled last night were the best I have ever had and those pickles were absolutely delicious. I'll never eat store bought pickles again.

It was pretty crowded. Here's a shot of, I think, building B.


Here's Melanie standing in line to purchase some veggies. She bought some nice squash that she ate with her most awesome chicken breast.


After the farmers market we came back and made some breakfast and lazed around until I had to go to the library for an appearance by Lenny Federal. This is something new I am trying. I hope to bring a local musician into the library every couple of months. I thought it went real well. About half the crowd was kids with a parent. Each family stayed for about 20 minutes to half an hour because the kids would get antsy after a little while. One little guy even let out a big yawn between songs to let his mom know he had had enough. That got a nice chuckle from the adults in attendance. It worked out like I had envisioned. As some people left more came in. I walked around the first floor a few times and invited some library users in and they had a nice unexpected musical addition to their day.

Here's a shot from the early part of the show.
.

After that we cooked out while listening to A Prairie Home Companion and then watched Oceans 13 and went to bed. That was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...Drunk as hell but no throwin up
Half way home and my pager still blowin up
Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day