Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Tom Petty Project

One of my favorite albums of the last year or so has been Tom Petty's Highway Companion. I first heard about how good it was because Patterson Hood, from the Drive by Truckers, wrote in his blog about how much he loved it. I have been watching the Tigers play the Angels on ESPN tonight and they played something by a band called Mudcrutch. I heard one of the announcers mention that the bad had Tom Petty in it. Naturally, I was intrigued.

I poppped the bands name into Google and discovered that the band Mudcrutch was the band Petty was in before the Heartbreakers formed. I read an article on the Entertainment Weekly site here. I am going to have to give the album a listen.

I still think it's odd that I first heard about the album on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball.

No comments: