Saturday, March 01, 2008

No and no and no

I love the public. This lady a short while ago put my coworker through one of my favorite tortures. Essentially here at the library you are limited to two hour long sessions on our internet computers per day. I call it the "Alquist Rule." So named after the couple that showed up in the mid 90's when we first got the internet at the library. They would literally stay on the internet for 8 straight hours if allowed. We didn't even have time limits until the Alquists showed. This lady today had a problem with the policy and asked Rachel six different ways about the policy. I guess she figures if she asks the question just right the policy will magically change and she can stay on the computer all day. I was listening and laughing quietly to myself.

No comments: