Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Dirtbombs

I haven't mentioned the Dirtbombs here since 2003. The Dirtbombs are a band from Detroit, MI. I first learned about them while reading an interview with Jack White in Mojo Magazine. He mentioned that Mick Collins, the lead singer of the Dirtbombs, was a big influence on him. I thought to myself that if this guy is one of Jack White's heroes then I should give him a listen.

On March 31st the Dirtbombs are playing in Asheville, NC at one of my favorite places to see a band, the Orange Peel.

I don't know how to describe their sound. Calling them a garage band doesn't quite do it. They are just a shit hot rock band with a nice heavy and groovy sound. I have a link below to a song called "Ever Lovin' Man" off their new album called "We have you surrounded." I can't wait to see these guys. Give them a listen and you'll see why.

Dirtbombs Ever Lovin' Man.

No comments: