Monday, January 07, 2008

Kicking butt as a librarian

Today a high schooler came up to the reference desk looking for some information on Harper Lee. In something she had read she was referred to a 1964 interview of Lee by someone called Roy Newquist. The Wikipedia entry on Harper Lee linked to an online version of the interview. Unfortunately the link the was dead. This was a problem because this interview is one of the very few in depth interviews that Harper Lee ever gave. After some searching I was able to determine that the interview is included in a book called Counterpoint and that the book was currently available at the Queens University library. The student was, of course, thrilled and I could tell she thought I was the best librarian ever. I'm not but I can see where she might think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kudos to you for doing your job. and doing it well.