Thursday, October 25, 2007

Candlelit Sorry

Last night when I got home from work around 9:30 the power was out. When I contacted Duke Energy the automated message informed me that the power would be on until around midnight. Luckily, I am a candle kinda person so I spent my first few minutes at home lighting candles.

Even though we missed most of game one of the World Series it really wasn't so bad. After a little while we broke out the Sorry game and Wendell, Mel and I had a rousing game where each of us threatened to win at one point. That bastard, Wendell, won the game even though he was about as far behind as you can get in a game of Sorry at one point. That is the beauty of that game, you really are never out of it until the eventual winner gets all his pieces safely home. Early in the game I had my last piece on square away from home and Wendell had two pieces still sitting Start. And he won. The creep.

No comments: