Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hit the road, jack

This summer a rumor started circulating among the residents of Colonial Park Apartments, the complex on Park Road where I live. The rumor was that the complex was going to be sold and then converted into condos. After a couple of weeks of this I called the property manager, a person I have known for over ten years, and asked her if I could sign a new lease. You know, testing the waters. She told me they were not currently signing new leases. I asked her if I should start looking for a place to live. She said she didn't think so. I gathered from that exchange that the place was on the market but she didn't think it would sell. Low and behold, this morning when I pull out of my home to go to work I notice that the sign that says "Colonial Park Apartments" had been knocked down and replaced by a sign that says "Selwyn Commons. Condominium starting at the 140's." I guess that shows you how heartless business is. Live somewhere ten years, get to know people and how do they tell you that they are selling your home? By posting a sign at the entrance.

On a lighter note

I can't begin to tell you how awesome Halo 3 is. I got home last night around 12:30 after purchasing the game at the midnight sale at Gamestop and didn't stop playing multiplayer until 4:30 am. My favorite new addition to the game? The theater. The software automatically records every multiplayer game you play and saves the last 25. You can view the game from almost any camera angle you choose. You can free roam the camera or follow a particular player. Not only that but you can save snippets of games and upload them to the software developer's website so others can watch you owning people.

Oh yeah, and they also tweaked the energy swords. Now the kill just doesn't go to the first guy to pull the trigger. Now it goes to the first guy to pull trigger while his opponent is not attacking him. Now even if you are slightly off but pull the trigger you and your opponent hurt each other and bounce off. The first one to recover and locate his opponent usually wins the bout. Nicely done.

3 comments:

james said...

there's always the martha washington apartments in elizabeth--home to many current and former library employees.

you have any leads on a new place?

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were such a gaming geek. I used to stay up all night playing Age of Empires and Rogue Spear. The multiplayer games were always the best. Back then play was sometimes frustrating because of diffferent connection speeds- have they fixed that?

su pantalones said...

I can't believe it took them that long to re-develop those units. I hope that you find a new place and it's awesome.